Can't Sleep

I woke up at 4.45 this morning and then I couldn't put my thoughts back in their box. Yesterday, I went to the mattress place where we found my dream mattress and I asked the man there how much it would be. He told me 2,000$ I said oh darn, that just isn't going to work. My husband and I just can't afford less than 1,500$. I didn't think he'd do anything about this other than look at me as if I was crazy. He went to the back and talked to his boss and since the store is closing he offered me the floor mattress (just put out a week prior) for 1,000$. That offer is just too tempting. I called up Jon, almost ready to make an impulse buy, but knowing that he would make me rationally think and luckily I didn't get a hold of him until I was out the door. He was in class and said lets just sleep on it. I talked to his mom who said it really was a good deal and told me a couple of things to ask about when/if I go back to the store for this mattress.

This is probably the worst/best time to buy a mattress. I keep thinking my water will break or the baby will pee on the mattress or something gross will happen. I also keep thinking about super comfy sleep that will happen on the mattress. And then, I think of all the bills we have to pay. I know its only 10 days of work to get this mattress, but that's 10 days of work that don't pay for other bills. This morning I kept thinking about how we could use that 1,000$ better. Jon needs new tires badly. The cars need some other repairs that we should worry about now. I think for now I'll leave it, we have other bills to pay and a kid on the way and we have no idea what kind of costs she will bring!

I'm glad/sad I slept on it. I hate knowing that its a dumb idea to do something I want. As soon as we're out of college, we're buying a house and a mattress! I don't care if we don't have a couch and we can't afford to paint the ugly purple walls. :)

Comments

Popular Posts