Thanksgiving

We had a delicious Thanksgiving dinner! I love it when we eat as a family with my in-laws. We had prime rib, potatoes, cranberry sauce, pomegranate, chocolate pie and pumpkin pie. I made the pies and they turned out good surprisingly! I am thankful for Pillsbury pie crusts because they are the only reason why I made pie :P

After dinner, I remembered that pregnant women should not be able to celebrate holidays where eating is encouraged. I almost DIED after I ate. I didn't even eat that much but there was not enough room in my stomach for food and the baby and so I sat miserably on my couch (after I sat pondering if I should get out of my seat minutes after everyone had already left the table) until my stomach decided to like me again.

Afterwards, I did a bit of online shopping. My mother-in-law and I were talking about car seats and she bought me one! I was so excited about the car seat, its a convertible and should last at least two children, maybe three. I saw a killer deal on Charlie Banana diaper liners... $6.59 a box (normally 10-12$). I love a good deal... so I bought 30 boxes. That should get me through the first year of our babies life. Wahooo! I also bought my diaper bag (a nice gender neutral bag) and a Boppy cover. I'm getting closer to having all the supplies I need for our little one! Hallelujah!

Tomorrow morning I'll go out and brave the crowds with Katie. I'm not sure I'm ready for the crazy shoppers, but I do love a good deal! Hopefully we find some good stuff!

These next two months should fly by, especially considering Jon's finals are coming up and then we have a nice, long Christmas break. Jon is going to work minimal hours to catch up on some projects at home so I'll get to hang out with him and help a little more before Zoey is born.

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you had a good one and remembered all of the wonderful things you are thankful for-- I sure did. I am so blessed.

Comments

Popular Posts