Christmas
I think I'll always be grateful for these first few Christmases with Jon. We are totally broke and so anything and everything people do for us means so much more. We got a package from my birth mom with gummies, PJ's and socks for Zoey and all I could think of was how grateful I was that she would think of me and send us something special.
It doesn't hurt that the PJ's were adorable and fit my huge pregnant body and won't be too huge after this baby leaves my body. My mother in law got some fuzzy socks, chocolate and a salad spinner for me-- perfect! I had just been telling Jon I wished we had a salad spinner (since we started gardening I've realized just how much of a pain it is to wash lettuce!). Jon got a heater for the garage (he has to go out and buy it, but how blessed are we? He needs that so he doesn't freeze when he works on the cars!) My mom and dad told us they would buy my dream stroller so when Zoey comes I can jog again. I am so grateful for that! Pregnancy makes you feel huge (especially when your limbs swell as much as mine have) and I can't wait to go jogging again. I know that stroller will get some use! Possibly my favorite present of all was when AJ and Kaylee came to visit us and took us out on a double date. I love double dates and think they're the best and I got to go to the movies for the first time in forever-- they took us to see Frozen. Kaylee and I geek-ed out on the music and loved it! Then, we went to a nice Mexican restaurant in Tallmage (Nuevo something) that was really delicious. It was nice to have a couple our age to hang out with... why do they have to live so far away? We miss them a lot.
Tonight I'll think of how grateful I am that Jon agreed to spend a bunch of money on our wonderful mattress and how grateful I am that we are careful spenders and aren't in any debt in our second year of college. Life is good and we are blessed.
Last but not least... being pregnant at Christmas time really makes you think about Mary. I have to say she was a very strong woman. I can't imagine her situation, but I feel a little closer to her now. I think of her going to Bethlehem on a donkey at nine months pregnant. I think of the pain I've had in this pregnancy (although I'm sure its relatively easy in comparison to other pregnancies) and how at this point in my pregnancy I wasn't even willing to drive four hours to see my parents. She was such a brave, strong woman. I know I'm not giving birth to the son of God, but I feel pretty blessed that I'm giving birth to sweet angel in a couple of weeks. I hope I can be the parent she needs me to be and I hope I can do even half the job my parents did.
Merry Christmas everyone! We love you!
Jon and Sarah


Comments
Post a Comment