Christmas Letter 2013

Jon and I started off the year with new jobs. Jon was lucky to find a paid internship as an IT guy and I scored a job with Akron Public Schools as a sub. We are both quite happy with our jobs still and enjoying the flexibility they bring. Jon is in his second year at the University of Akron and enjoying his major. He's getting fantastic grades too! (Deans list!)

We teach the ten year old primary class together at church and have had some fun and interesting moments (halfway through the year we had 14 kids in our class) and we're grateful for a small class and for the fun personalities our students have.

We had the opportunity to go to Medford, Oregon in August to meet my half sister and hang out with my birth family a little bit. It was a wonderful experience. Medford is a gorgeous little town, if you ever have the chance to visit, do it!

I started up a music studio in September and we had our first recital in December. It was fantastic! I have five students (three piano, two voice) and they all did great! I was the most impressed with my five year old student who played "Jolly Old Saint Nicholas" perfectly. I love teaching private lessons more than I ever imagined I would and I love throwing recitals for my students. I asked a student what his favorite moment of the recital was and he replied "Afterwards when we had cookies!" I asked him what his second favorite part was and he said "I guess it was performing for everyone". I love it!

We're expecting our first child, a baby girl (Zoey), in January and are thrilled! I am feeling huge and ready for her to come! Jon is apprehensive about diaper changing but thrilled about everything else :)

We are grateful for the wonderful year we've had and for all the friends and family who have been here for us. Merry Christmas!

Jon and Sarah (and Zoey) Maier


Jon and I participating in the color run

My pregnant belly

Jon and I on vacation in Oregon

Comments

Popular Posts