Pre-eclampsia round 2 (Week 33)

Looks like I'm developing pre-eclampsia again and this time my blood pressure is coming on a bit sooner than it did last time. I've got consistent blood pressure at about 127/90. When we're consistently at 140/90 it's to the hospital for non-stress and protein tests.

I'm ready to have Jackson so that's good. The house is a mess and our lives are crazy but if he comes early, he comes early and that's okay. I'm just hoping that he is at a good weight and doesn't have to go to the NICU/if he does he won't be there for long. Babies born to mothers with pre-eclampsia tend to be smaller so I worry a little bit, but thankfully he's measuring right on track. Zoey measured a week smaller than she was in the womb. 

Looking back on my pregnancy with Zoey I think this is when most of the symptoms started popping up but I wasn't aware of them enough to really understand it was happening to me. I kept thinking it couldn't be me until I realized I had most of the symptoms. I had been working as a long-term sub in my 33rd week and I remember my ankles were on fire every day. I often had to sit down in the classroom and I was thankful it was right before Christmas break so we mostly had finals and movies. I remember once I was able to sit more the pitting edema got a little bit better. Jon has been massaging my ankles nightly so they don't hurt so bad. It makes a huge difference in how the next day goes when he does that.

Anyway, I just wanted to keep any of you updated who were curious. I'm waiting on some labs so we'll hopefully know more by Tuesday afternoon at my next doctors appointment.

Now some pictures of my cute bump and my gross swelling.

 Today! 33+5
 This is what pitting edema looks like. If you put any pressure on an area it stays like that for a long period of time. It's cool/weird/gross.
 My hands sometimes get so swollen that it feels like I'm wearing rubber gloves filled with air. It hurts pretty bad.
 On one of the days I felt good. :D
Sexy Cankles. 


Here's hoping Jack stays in the womb as long as he can and that I can have a calm end to this pregnancy and labor that's at least a little bit shorter. 
-Sarah


Comments

Popular Posts