Torn Meniscus
Turns out Zoey is just fine! Hallelujah! I was not looking forward to the brace she would've had to wear. She is just as cute as ever and kicking away and rolling over all the time. She's starting to be super entertained by life. She will sit and stare at the hangy-thing that makes music over her swing and basically die of laughter because its quite possibly the coolest thing she's ever seen. That brings me happiness.
I on the other hand tore my meniscus goofing off dancing. I wish I could say it was from being awesome and running a bunch, but no. It hurt pretty bad and I was like eh, I'm fine but I wrote something on facebook and the responses were all go get it checked out. A doctor friend checked it out and said it was my meniscus, and went on to say that he wished it wasn't because that's the only thing you can't really fix. Bummer. I've got to stay off of it as much as I can. He said if I must run, I need to wear a brace and I need to do stretches, ibuprofen and ice.
So much for training before I start training with friends. gah! Oh well, I was up to 4 miles so I should be ok if my knee heals quickly. If it doesn't heal quickly, I will be super bummed. I'll keep you updated on my knee. Until then, pray for me to recover quickly because running is my favorite type of exercise and I would be pretty bummed if I can't run the half marathon I just signed up for and paid 80$ for.
I on the other hand tore my meniscus goofing off dancing. I wish I could say it was from being awesome and running a bunch, but no. It hurt pretty bad and I was like eh, I'm fine but I wrote something on facebook and the responses were all go get it checked out. A doctor friend checked it out and said it was my meniscus, and went on to say that he wished it wasn't because that's the only thing you can't really fix. Bummer. I've got to stay off of it as much as I can. He said if I must run, I need to wear a brace and I need to do stretches, ibuprofen and ice.
So much for training before I start training with friends. gah! Oh well, I was up to 4 miles so I should be ok if my knee heals quickly. If it doesn't heal quickly, I will be super bummed. I'll keep you updated on my knee. Until then, pray for me to recover quickly because running is my favorite type of exercise and I would be pretty bummed if I can't run the half marathon I just signed up for and paid 80$ for.

Comments
Post a Comment