General Conference- Sunday Morning

Dieter F. Uchtdorf- Gratitude

  • Commandments are opportunities to exercise our agency and receive happiness?
  • What do I have to be grateful for?
  • Attitude of gratitude (be grateful when life isn't going your way)
  • Instead of being thankful for things, be thankful in our circumstances
  • We are children of God- he promises us blessings without number
    • The more we realize endings are merely introductions, one day this will seem small compared to the eternal joy awaiting the faithful
    • There are no true endings, only everlasting beginnings
M. Russel Ballard

  • Follow up
    • Urged that we remember the important words of the Lord "thus shall my church be called in the last days- the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints"
      • I feel like I'm doing this pretty well, yay!
    • Encouraged members to pray to be led to at least one person to whom they could extend an invitation about the gospel
      • I feel like I did this, but I wish I had done it for more than one person
    • Peter followed up on his invitation and lifted up the man
      • Be more consistently involved in missionary work by replacing our fear with faith. 
    • Together, we can follow up on our invitations
  • Follow up with the missionaries- can you imagine the difference it will make?
Jean A. Stevens
  • Preemie baby
  • Heavenly Father calls for us to return to him
  • Impression: Go help that boy.
    • Drove back and asked, he turned and said would you? I've been praying someone would help me.
    • Connected with the boy again and discovered it was his story too. 
    • He had missed the last bus after school. He felt confident he could make it home and started walking. He became scared and prayed 
  • Praying doesn't change God, it changes me. 
  • Remember all those who were delivered and received answers. 

David A. Bednar
  • Carrying a load story (4 wheel truck)
  • The Lord will ease the burdens put upon our shoulders

  • Awesome stories about Olympians.
and then Zoey distracted me again. I'll have to watch this later.

Comments

Popular Posts