Red Starbursts
Remember that one time I bought a bag of "Fave Reds" Starbursts? Yeah, I do too. I made myself so sick. I think that's why they make the bags of starbursts with the flavors no one likes. Its because they know if there are crappy flavors we won't get sick of them because we'll stop eating them at an appropriate time. Fave Reds... they are too addicting.
I was just reading something that said your baby will like to eat what you eat when you're pregnant. So I decided to start eating more veggies. I don't really like them that much, so I figure if I eat them a bunch maybe our kid will get this obsession? We'll see. I think its the strangest thing-- if I see a veggie platter at a party, I want to eat it all. I seriously go back for the veggies more often than I do for fruit/chips. But at my own home? I can't make a veggie platter and love it. Its just not the same. Maybe I need to make a veggie platter and invite friends over. Maybe the appeal will change and I'll have the need to eat all of the veggies.
Food is still pretty gross for me. I get obsessions, but I have to stare at the pantry/fridge/freezer for a LONG time before I can find something to eat. One of my most recent obsessions is EGGS! They are this happy, happy discovery. Especially when scrambled. They create joy. Pure joy. Especially when they are paired with things like bagels, cheese and bacon. Mmmm. Its such a yummy breakfast! (I may have bought two dozen eggs when I went to the store... I usually buy a dozen every couple of weeks, but I'm pretty sure these two dozen will be gone in a week or two. Yum!)
Jon is doing homework today. Not just doing homework, but doing a huge to-do list of homework he's been procrastinating. Without getting mad at me. Progress! This boy makes me so happy. He works so hard and does really well in school. He got an e-mail that said he was in the top 15% of his class. I looked it up online and I'm pretty sure he's in the top 5%. He keeps getting e-mails to attend the job fairs and to get involved in on campus smart people groups. I am so stinking proud. (Yes, we do still have the sign on our "front" door that says he's on the deans list)
More baby news: Zoey kicks. All. the. time. I have never heard a pregnant lady talk so much about getting kicked. Maybe I'll get over it? Or maybe they just don't talk about it. I feel like I have to talk about it though because it never stops and I feel like an alien has taken over my body and controls me through its kicks! I love it, because I know she's here with me and she wants my attention but man, sometimes I want to say "I get the memo! Can I work? Can I do the dishes? No, you're going to keep kicking me in the lungs/bladder? ok. I won't be productive."
Well that's all folks, enjoy your Wednesday evening and I'll probably write again soon. I feel like this is the only place I can talk about Zoey constantly and won't feel like I'm bothering someone because you can always stop reading my blog. Enjoy. Or don't. Either way, until next time!
Sarah
I was just reading something that said your baby will like to eat what you eat when you're pregnant. So I decided to start eating more veggies. I don't really like them that much, so I figure if I eat them a bunch maybe our kid will get this obsession? We'll see. I think its the strangest thing-- if I see a veggie platter at a party, I want to eat it all. I seriously go back for the veggies more often than I do for fruit/chips. But at my own home? I can't make a veggie platter and love it. Its just not the same. Maybe I need to make a veggie platter and invite friends over. Maybe the appeal will change and I'll have the need to eat all of the veggies.
Food is still pretty gross for me. I get obsessions, but I have to stare at the pantry/fridge/freezer for a LONG time before I can find something to eat. One of my most recent obsessions is EGGS! They are this happy, happy discovery. Especially when scrambled. They create joy. Pure joy. Especially when they are paired with things like bagels, cheese and bacon. Mmmm. Its such a yummy breakfast! (I may have bought two dozen eggs when I went to the store... I usually buy a dozen every couple of weeks, but I'm pretty sure these two dozen will be gone in a week or two. Yum!)
Jon is doing homework today. Not just doing homework, but doing a huge to-do list of homework he's been procrastinating. Without getting mad at me. Progress! This boy makes me so happy. He works so hard and does really well in school. He got an e-mail that said he was in the top 15% of his class. I looked it up online and I'm pretty sure he's in the top 5%. He keeps getting e-mails to attend the job fairs and to get involved in on campus smart people groups. I am so stinking proud. (Yes, we do still have the sign on our "front" door that says he's on the deans list)
More baby news: Zoey kicks. All. the. time. I have never heard a pregnant lady talk so much about getting kicked. Maybe I'll get over it? Or maybe they just don't talk about it. I feel like I have to talk about it though because it never stops and I feel like an alien has taken over my body and controls me through its kicks! I love it, because I know she's here with me and she wants my attention but man, sometimes I want to say "I get the memo! Can I work? Can I do the dishes? No, you're going to keep kicking me in the lungs/bladder? ok. I won't be productive."
Well that's all folks, enjoy your Wednesday evening and I'll probably write again soon. I feel like this is the only place I can talk about Zoey constantly and won't feel like I'm bothering someone because you can always stop reading my blog. Enjoy. Or don't. Either way, until next time!
Sarah


Comments
Post a Comment