Home

As is custom when I go home... we forget to take pictures. Boo.
I did go home this weekend though, and had a blast hanging out with Jon, my parents, and a couple of friends. We came in early enough on Friday to have some delicious homemade chicken noodle soup... mmmmmm. (Even though we were in some heavy traffic on I-75 and my jeep stalled out multiple times-- stupid overheating/crankshaft... boo). We enjoyed each other's company and I finally got to have the blanket my mom and I started months ago, a big quilt with all of my old high school shirts, I absolutely love it, it brings back a million memories.

Saturday morning, I woke up early-ish and went to Karalee's to practice "How Great Thou Art" Dad asked me to come sing it and so I did. I was starting to lose my voice but thought ehhh, I can do it anyway. We practiced hard and then went to a baby shower for a friend which was absolutely beautiful! It was fun to think we're only 3 months away from all of this!! ahhh! I am officially in the third trimester as of Saturday so that's pretty exciting-- time is flying by! Then I ended up coming home because I felt crappy and hung out with the men-folk for a while. I came home and asked the boys what they'd been up to and they're such men they didn't tell me anything! Jon and I met up with James and Matt and went to Yates Cider Mill. We walked down the trail and got some yummy cider and donuts... *heaven* We brought some cider home and I already had it for breakfast this morning, yum! Then we rushed home and went to Bekah Evan's Wedding reception dinner. We sat with the Lamberts and Kim and Ben Schwartz. It was nice to chat with old friends and we had a blast enjoying Bekah's wedding celebration! We came home and Tyler (my 1/2 brother) and Kristy (his fiance/my childhood friend-- they met at my wedding :)) came over to chat for a little bit. It was late and we didn't get to talk for too long, but we were able to talk about old choir memories and dad and Tyler enjoyed watching the Tigers game.

Sunday morning came all too soon. I woke up barely able to talk. I prayed and said ok Heavenly Father, if you want me to sing you're going to have to at least fix my voice when I get up there. Karalee and I said a cute little prayer before hand too and I knew everything would go ok. As we went up to sing there was such a sweet spirit. Karalee always has this fantastic spirit about her and it just rubs off on you. I sang through and was able to accomplish pretty much everything I wanted (didn't squeak bad, hit all my notes...) and at the very end, Karalee starts crying on my last phrase of the song because she was so touched by the spirit. I then am unable to sing my last line. It was really sweet though, I have a copy of it (Mom wanted one, so she made Jon record it from their bench) if you're interested in listening. We spoke with a lot of friends and family at church and enjoyed our last moments in Michigan. We came home to some fantastic comfort food--- I swear 99.9% of the reason we come home so often is that my mom is a fantastic cook. She made twice baked potatoes and ham and I ate like I hadn't seen food in months-- it was basically thanksgiving. Yum! Then we stopped by the Bentley's (they had a high chair for us-- yay!) and were off. We planned to get home at 9.30 but traffic didn't cooperate and we didn't get home until about midnight. Poor Jon drove the whole way and was a real trooper. I tried to stay up with him, but I've been pretty sick and so I failed at that but he got us home safe and woke up early this morning too. He's the best hubby ever.

Comments

Popular Posts