General Women's Meeting

I'm catching up on the general women's meeting and I figured I'd leave some notes here if you missed the meeting and also for me.


  • The 8-12 year old girls sang "Teach Me to Walk in the Light" and it was so stinking cute, tears started to come to my eyes.  [Sidenote: how did they pick up on the song so quickly? Smart girls.]
  • The adversary makes us feel inadequate/resentful of others
    • Rejoice in our divine differences
    • We need friendship, support, and companionship from other women
  • If there are barriers, it is because we ourselves have created them.
  • Marjorie Pay Hinkley, "Oh how we need each other. Those of us who are old need you who are young and hopefully you who are young need those of us who are old. It is a sociological fact that women need women we need deep, satisfying and loyal relationships with each other."
  • There was also an adorable movie that went through all the stages of life women go through and it focused on keeping yourself centered on the temple/Christ. It was another tear-jerker.
  • "At least I'll have something to bring" - a response a sister gave that her food storage would just be used for others anyway.
  • "Help Wanted"... true disciples of Christ.
  • Eve did what needed to be done... and Adam was wise enough to do likewise. 
  • The Lord is lifting sisters to higher levels of spirituality
  • Eve helped her family see the way home. 
The whole time I was watching this, Zoey was begging me for my attention. I probably took 10 videos and had to back-track the women's conference. I love these moments with my cute little one (and my cute big one).

-Sarah

Comments

Popular Posts