Work
I've been teaching piano and voice since the week Zoey was born but today I decided to go back and sub. I've been thinking about going on random days and this morning a friend of mine asked if I could sub for her and told me that she put the days in. I saw there were a lot of sub jobs out today and one was for one of my favorite teachers to sub for. I debated back and forth and decided to go. (Jon is home from work on Fridays so he can have more time to work on the car, so I didn't have to worry about finding a babysitter).
I had piano in the morning and then I raced over to teach. Turns out they had the OGT (Ohio Graduation Test) and so I got to teach a mini-period for all of his classes. The kids were so excited to see baby pictures of Zoey (this was my long term job, the last job I took before Zoey came).
Work went fairly well. I came home and I couldn't help but snuggle my girl tight. I missed her so much! (and I was only gone for 4 hours, it was a half-day). I feel pretty blessed to have two extremely flexible jobs that allow me to spend a lot of time with Zoey. I wondered after college if I had made the right choice in my major when I couldn't find a job easily. Now I know that I was lead to the jobs that would let me work when I wanted.
I had piano in the morning and then I raced over to teach. Turns out they had the OGT (Ohio Graduation Test) and so I got to teach a mini-period for all of his classes. The kids were so excited to see baby pictures of Zoey (this was my long term job, the last job I took before Zoey came).
Work went fairly well. I came home and I couldn't help but snuggle my girl tight. I missed her so much! (and I was only gone for 4 hours, it was a half-day). I feel pretty blessed to have two extremely flexible jobs that allow me to spend a lot of time with Zoey. I wondered after college if I had made the right choice in my major when I couldn't find a job easily. Now I know that I was lead to the jobs that would let me work when I wanted.


Comments
Post a Comment