Be Healthy

Be Healthy. Be Happy.

So, I'm working on my next health goal, I always seem to have health goals. This one is to run a half marathon, as you know if you've read anything I've written in the past three months.

I am often inspired by people and their crazy experiences. I recently started skimming through this blog "Ben Does Life" and felt inspired by him. He added a link to a New York Times article about how most people who lose weight have a hard time keeping it off. He went from being a 360 pounds down to 240 and he's back at 300 now. I love his determination to keep the weight off still. He's constantly working at it over and over. I feel like his journey is similar to mine.

It always starts with a mile. Running (or walking) when you really, really don't want to. That's all it really takes to get me started. I'm so excited I'll have a bunch of friends joining me on my next journey. I am having some knee pain already and it scares me a little, but it just proves to me I'll have to learn to train smart. I can do this! I am so excited that my husband has always wanted to run a marathon too, and he'll join me on this journey.

I think Zoey likes it too, she seems to love riding in her stroller. It's at least comfy enough that she falls asleep every time we take her out in it!

I can't wait for the weather to start really cooperating with us! There's still snow on the ground! 

To goals!
Sarah Maier

Comments

Popular Posts