Fresh Haircut
I love the feeling of a fresh haircut! My ends are so much nicer and they are soft and lovely. I'm glad I've got a friend in the ward who cuts hair. I also got to get my hair cut in my own home by a friend so there were no awkward conversation pauses. Yay!
I had a fun scare earlier this week. I woke up from sleeping with my legs up and my hands and face were swollen when I woke up. I thought it was funny and posted something on facebook about it. A couple of friends showed some concern and I looked it up and guess what, that's a warning sign for pre-eclampsia. I took my blood pressure and it was 142/92 I took it again about 20 minutes later and it was 148/100. I called up the on-call nurse, told her my situation and she immediately set me up an appointment for the doctors. I hadn't talked to the doctors at my office in a while, but this doctor saw me, saw my legs, my weight gain (10 pounds in 2 weeks... yayyyy) and sent me to the hospital. (she said "do not pass go, do not collect 100$... it was funny). We got to the hospital and were set up immediately. Residents were all over the place watching over me. We were set up with a fetal heart monitor and she kept kicking it and was the most active she's been in weeks, which comforted me a lot. I was set up on a blood pressure monitor and it got lower every time but was still quite high for me 120-130/70-80. After a couple of hours the main doctor on staff came in and said there was nothing to be concerned about with my blood pressure even though its gone up quite a bit (my norm was 90-100/60-70). They sent me home with a 24-hour urine test and I've got another doctors appointment Monday.
I felt better as we came home. I want Zoey to hurry up and come and stop freaking me out, but until then... I'm still pregnant. And probably will be for a while. Yay.
I had a fun scare earlier this week. I woke up from sleeping with my legs up and my hands and face were swollen when I woke up. I thought it was funny and posted something on facebook about it. A couple of friends showed some concern and I looked it up and guess what, that's a warning sign for pre-eclampsia. I took my blood pressure and it was 142/92 I took it again about 20 minutes later and it was 148/100. I called up the on-call nurse, told her my situation and she immediately set me up an appointment for the doctors. I hadn't talked to the doctors at my office in a while, but this doctor saw me, saw my legs, my weight gain (10 pounds in 2 weeks... yayyyy) and sent me to the hospital. (she said "do not pass go, do not collect 100$... it was funny). We got to the hospital and were set up immediately. Residents were all over the place watching over me. We were set up with a fetal heart monitor and she kept kicking it and was the most active she's been in weeks, which comforted me a lot. I was set up on a blood pressure monitor and it got lower every time but was still quite high for me 120-130/70-80. After a couple of hours the main doctor on staff came in and said there was nothing to be concerned about with my blood pressure even though its gone up quite a bit (my norm was 90-100/60-70). They sent me home with a 24-hour urine test and I've got another doctors appointment Monday.
I felt better as we came home. I want Zoey to hurry up and come and stop freaking me out, but until then... I'm still pregnant. And probably will be for a while. Yay.


Comments
Post a Comment