Theodore Rex
I always joked that I'd name my kid Theodore Rex so that one day he could be "T. Rex Maier" Little did I know that I'd actually name my kid Theodore Rex. One day, Jon asked me "why not?!" and so I googled the name. Apparently Teddy Roosevelt was nicknamed "Theodore Rex". The nickname came from Henry James in 1905 for Roosevelt's imperial manner.
I've always loved the Roosevelt family. When I was a kid, my grandma Folsom gave me a book on Eleanor Roosevelt. I realized that this woman was strong, kind and successful. She was a huge role model for me growing up. Eleanor loved her uncle, Teddy.
Basically, this is for you Teddy. I just wanted to let you know that you are named after one really cool man. He's not living anymore and I never had the chance to meet him personally but I know he was one of the good ones. Here's a fun story for you to get a grasp of just how cool he was. The time Theodore Roosevelt was shot in the chest, gave speech anyway. “Friends, I shall ask you to be as quiet as possible. I don't know whether you fully understand that I have just been shot; but it takes more than that to kill a Bull Moose...”
There was also that time when he perused boat thieves in the middle of winter. Here's a list of other cool facts about him. One of my favorite stories is the time he invited Booker T. Washington to have a meal with his family at the White House indicating social equality.
So, Teddy Rex, live up to your amazing name and be great just like Theodore Roosevelt was.
We love you.
-Mom



Comments
Post a Comment