Cookies
Today is one of those days where you think 'I am so stressed out I just need to take a shower and eat some cookies'... but the kids are crazy and the little one just doesn't want to be put down today and so you don't shower and in the middle of making cookies they both have melt downs. The melt downs get so crazy that you just have to comfort them both and read a couple of stories and then put the big-little one to bed. Then you snuggle your little little while stirring the cookie dough (which is actually much more complicated then it sounds. Newborns don't put their legs around your hip and hold on, they are just floppy. I really need to start using my carriers.) You finally make the cookies, put them in the oven and burn half a batch while nursing and under-cook the other half of the batch.
At the end of the day you're exhausted but you think about the things you're grateful for. You got lots of snuggles in today. You still did get peanut butter oatmeal cookies which hit the spot. Your husband is coming home soon and you will eventually get to shower.
At the end of this crazy, dramatic day I know that I will one day yearn for the cute little fingerprints everywhere. That I'll miss the temper tantrums and the fact that sometimes only mom can make everything better. I'll miss the books, the dinosaurs, and the stuffed animals. I love these two little babies so much and for now, I'm perfectly fine with my burnt cookies and my stinky armpits.
-Sarah
I have no idea what pictures I've posted so hopefully there aren't any repeats.
Jack's smile gets me every time.
Showers are over-rated. Cuddles are not.
Cuddles before reading a book.
<3
Zo will do anything to kiss Jack.
Already torturing Jack.
He makes super goofy faces all the time. He's going to be hilarious one day.
"Say cheese"... "CHEESE!". I love this girl. The more she talks the more I love her. Is that possible? She is so funny all the time. She is super polite (always says thank you!) and she loves her baby brother more than anything in the world.
After all the gross swollen photos of my feet I've posted I would just like to share this photo with you. See, I don't have cankles. I actually have super cute feet/legs. Post-pregnancy feels good.
Cheesy photo of the three of us cuddling.
At the end of the day you're exhausted but you think about the things you're grateful for. You got lots of snuggles in today. You still did get peanut butter oatmeal cookies which hit the spot. Your husband is coming home soon and you will eventually get to shower.
At the end of this crazy, dramatic day I know that I will one day yearn for the cute little fingerprints everywhere. That I'll miss the temper tantrums and the fact that sometimes only mom can make everything better. I'll miss the books, the dinosaurs, and the stuffed animals. I love these two little babies so much and for now, I'm perfectly fine with my burnt cookies and my stinky armpits.
-Sarah
I have no idea what pictures I've posted so hopefully there aren't any repeats.
Jack's smile gets me every time.
Showers are over-rated. Cuddles are not.
Cuddles before reading a book.
<3
Zo will do anything to kiss Jack.
Already torturing Jack.
He makes super goofy faces all the time. He's going to be hilarious one day.
"Say cheese"... "CHEESE!". I love this girl. The more she talks the more I love her. Is that possible? She is so funny all the time. She is super polite (always says thank you!) and she loves her baby brother more than anything in the world.
After all the gross swollen photos of my feet I've posted I would just like to share this photo with you. See, I don't have cankles. I actually have super cute feet/legs. Post-pregnancy feels good.
Cheesy photo of the three of us cuddling.
<3














Comments
Post a Comment