16/17 weeks

So, the doctor told me I'm measuring behind forever ago, so I can never remember what week I'm on. I think its 16/17 weeks. Time flies. The second trimester is not going much better than the first. I keep telling Jon though, if the only thing from pre-pregnancy life I keep is my ability to sleep, that will be okay with me. I've had a couple moments where it was hard to fall asleep (because of other fun pregnancy symptoms) but as long as I calm my body down for a minute, I can still fall asleep easily.

I still haven't gained weight. Not that its a real complaint, but its really hard for me to enjoy food enough to want to eat it. On the good days, I force it down. I eat a lot of tortilla chips, plain cereals and super pretzels. Not the best for you, but its all I can manage to eat without wanting to throw up :)

I've been doing a pretty good job at keeping the house clean and working. I know I suck at it sometimes, but dang, I'm pregnant and having a hard second trimester still. On the days I have migraines nothing gets done... but on the few superb days I have, I go through and do as much as I can so I can get through it all.

I get to go to the doctor on Monday and have one more checkup and then the next appointment will be my gender ultrasound! Woooohooo! I can't wait to find out what this child is... because if its a girl, we have a name. (Zoey Michelle- I may still change my mind, but at this point, I love the name.) If its a boy... I will be looking at a lot of baby books for a while searching for a boy name. Any suggestions are welcome. I'm looking for a manly name that isn't overused. One that isn't too big for a little boy, but not too childish for a man. And doesn't start with M. The idea of MM initials make me want to throw up. I can see the taunting now. Ryan keeps coming to my head, but I know so many Ryan's... we'll see. Its a pain to pick a name. I've got a bunch of middle names picked out, but the first names don't sound right.


Anyway... We'll see how everything goes. I can't wait to know the gender, it will be so fun!
We're still plotting out our big furniture switch up. I think that will have to happen over Christmas break though... I hope we have time earlier, but we're gone for Jon's one week off at the end of the summer, so unless I can get Katie to move a bunch of furniture I think I'm out of luck. Or the room will be a mess for a couple of weeks and I can get over it. We'll see!

So much to think about. I am very blessed though. I know I write down a bunch of the complaints here, but I want to remember how to overcome this stuff for the next pregnancy! I am so glad we're pregnant and that in 5 months this adorable little baby will be in my arms and I'll get to teach it how to grow up and be a good person. So cool. This little baby in my belly is going to change my world in 5 months... and I can't wait.

-Sarah

Comments

Popular Posts