Late night ramblings

At about 9 tonight I was doing homework half asleep in bed. Then, I got a second wind as Jon fell asleep. I've now done a large chunk of homework. 

Thankfully, Jack decided to poop during the night while I was awake so I was able to take care of him while I was pleasantly awake. Turns out he's pretty adorable at 11 at night. He was so tired that he slept through his diaper change, let me hold him for a minute and then went right back to bed as soon as I gave him a bottle full of water.

Hallelujah!

There's something beautiful about being the only one awake at night. I rarely get time to myself anymore and so this time is treasured. It's so quiet and calm. 

I wonder if I'll appreciate the quiet moments with Theodore. A lot of moms talk about the wonderful quiet moments in the middle of the night with their babies. I've always been too sleepy to appreciate them. Maybe it's different when you're on baby number three? I know I appreciate the rare moments when Zoey is sleeping and Jack and I get one on one time. I feel like it's easier to get that time with Zoey since she sometimes wakes up from naps before Jack does. She's also fairly cuddly so I can sneak in bonding time more easily with her.

This pregnancy has flown by! Perhaps it's because I haven't been paying as much attention. I've been super busy. I think Teddy has been my most active child though. He's constantly kicking me and giving me charlie horses. I swear, he somehow grabs onto my organs and squeezes them on a regular basis. It's been fun that he moves so much because I've been able to savor this part of pregnancy pretty well.

My biggest cravings with Teddy so far have been: Chocolate Pop Tarts (is this really a baby craving? Who knows, All I know is that when I'm nauseous it's the only thing I can stand to eat this pregnancy.), Fancy Donuts (I'm not sure I ever even got to eat one, I just really want a voodoo donut or something. I've never had them but I had serious cravings for them in the beginning of this pregnancy), grilled cheese (I learned how to make a good grilled cheese thanks to you!) and fruit/veggie bread. Bring on the banana, pumpkin and zucchini bread. Nom!

In about 10 weeks we'll get to see you. I'd be okay with you showing up about a half a week early so you can be a Halloween baby. Don't worry though, it doesn't matter when exactly you're born. We're always going to have rad Halloween birthday parties for you. I promise they won't be lame.

I think I'm finally tired again. Off to bed for me. Goodnight!
Sarah



Comments

Popular Posts