Stress.
I've made these blueberry banana muffins a couple times this week for various events and they are AMAZING. Even when I forgot about them in the oven for... 10 extra minutes and they were just a little browner on the edges than I'd like a bunch of kids ate them up like candy. Win.
We're still trying to eat healthy. It's always an uphill climb. Next week I will more seriously commit myself to getting off of chocolate. I'm almost there. I had 3-4 cheats this week but that's way better than the week before where every other meal included chocolate. Right?
I need to cut some stress out of my life. It's so much harder to do than it sounds. I went to a stress management class and basically laughed at what they were saying because most of the stress I carry and worry about constantly is out of my control. Basically you just have to have a mantra like "It's out of my hands, it's okay." It's way more frustrating and although I just went to the class two weeks ago I still feel like stress just builds and builds even though I can't control it. Jon and I talked a little about some of the things that stress me and it did help me to learn that these things really aren't in my control and I should just ignore people. I wish I were more like Jon, he doesn't care what people think most of the time. It's such a skill.
Do any of you get crazy frustrated when people don't believe in you? That's my biggest frustration. I try VERY HARD to be a super organized, super dependable person. I do have some brain lags and moments where I forget to put important information in my calendar... but for the most part if you say I want you there at this time I'll be there two minutes early ready to go. It frustrates me when people don't believe I'm good for my word. No, it doesn't frustrate me... it gives me stress. Because then I wonder "why can't they believe in my word?", "what have I ever done to make them doubt me?", "Am I not dependable?", insert a million other stupid reasons I have to worry about things that don't matter.
Anyway, I'm a work in progress. One day my stress levels will be lower.
Sarah
Now for some adorable pictures:
Zoey is more mobile now. She loves attacking daddy :)
Zoey and her best friend Georgia meeting her sister! We're so excited for Zoey to meet her brother.
Playing on the hospital floor. Is there a new baby here? eh, oh well... goldfish crackers!
Baby Sylvie is adorable.
Attacking mom because she has the cheerios.
Tessa and baby Sylvie. <3 She unintentionally had her baby naturally. She's a champ!
Watching Lion King for the first time. She's already got the classic kid standing in front of the TV thing down. She was dancing and singing along. I love her. We just started some of the classic disney movies with her because she's SO CUTE when she watches them.
I just got a new phone and it's the size of my face. It makes taking group pictures much easier. It also makes it harder though because my phone is huge and awkward.
Holy cow she's so cute I can't stand it. We're trying to be healthy (aren't we always?) and we decided to walk to some of the stores that are about a mile away in addition to our normal walks to the grocery store. Zoey hadn't taken a nap all day (rebellion!) and she conked out in her stroller. She is the cutest thing when she sleeps. Also, she's huge. When I saw that sweet newborn I thought oh my goodness stop growing now!
An old one but a good one. This girl is all about comfort.
What do you do when mom goes looking for a new outfit for you? Stand on the wall in your underwear! haha. She is so goofy. She's getting closer to walking!
I'm crafty. I made this blanket for baby Jackson. Don't look closely, but it was a lot of hard work and I'm proud that I had the patience to sit still and make it.
The CSO chorus is awesome. We performed Faure's requiem and just killed it. I've never been so proud of a choir I've been a member in. If you read this article, the only real negative comment mentioned was that our consonants weren't heard. If you had been part of our rehearsal, you'd know that our director asked us to tone down our consonants. It was a great season and I'm so sad to be moving.
Me and the girl I sat next to, Sara. Our director must have a sense of humor or something. She was super sweet and fun to talk to.
We sat next to Laura for most of our half season. She was the first girl I met when I came to the chorus and she's super sweet too. I'm so glad I got to get to know these girls! This was at the choir party. I'm so sad we're moving... can I take the CSO Chorus with me? We'll have to move back one day because I absolutely loved being a member.
We're still trying to eat healthy. It's always an uphill climb. Next week I will more seriously commit myself to getting off of chocolate. I'm almost there. I had 3-4 cheats this week but that's way better than the week before where every other meal included chocolate. Right?
I need to cut some stress out of my life. It's so much harder to do than it sounds. I went to a stress management class and basically laughed at what they were saying because most of the stress I carry and worry about constantly is out of my control. Basically you just have to have a mantra like "It's out of my hands, it's okay." It's way more frustrating and although I just went to the class two weeks ago I still feel like stress just builds and builds even though I can't control it. Jon and I talked a little about some of the things that stress me and it did help me to learn that these things really aren't in my control and I should just ignore people. I wish I were more like Jon, he doesn't care what people think most of the time. It's such a skill.
Do any of you get crazy frustrated when people don't believe in you? That's my biggest frustration. I try VERY HARD to be a super organized, super dependable person. I do have some brain lags and moments where I forget to put important information in my calendar... but for the most part if you say I want you there at this time I'll be there two minutes early ready to go. It frustrates me when people don't believe I'm good for my word. No, it doesn't frustrate me... it gives me stress. Because then I wonder "why can't they believe in my word?", "what have I ever done to make them doubt me?", "Am I not dependable?", insert a million other stupid reasons I have to worry about things that don't matter.
Anyway, I'm a work in progress. One day my stress levels will be lower.
Sarah
Now for some adorable pictures:
Zoey is more mobile now. She loves attacking daddy :)
Zoey and her best friend Georgia meeting her sister! We're so excited for Zoey to meet her brother.
Playing on the hospital floor. Is there a new baby here? eh, oh well... goldfish crackers!
Baby Sylvie is adorable.
Attacking mom because she has the cheerios.
Tessa and baby Sylvie. <3 She unintentionally had her baby naturally. She's a champ!
Watching Lion King for the first time. She's already got the classic kid standing in front of the TV thing down. She was dancing and singing along. I love her. We just started some of the classic disney movies with her because she's SO CUTE when she watches them.
I just got a new phone and it's the size of my face. It makes taking group pictures much easier. It also makes it harder though because my phone is huge and awkward.
Holy cow she's so cute I can't stand it. We're trying to be healthy (aren't we always?) and we decided to walk to some of the stores that are about a mile away in addition to our normal walks to the grocery store. Zoey hadn't taken a nap all day (rebellion!) and she conked out in her stroller. She is the cutest thing when she sleeps. Also, she's huge. When I saw that sweet newborn I thought oh my goodness stop growing now!
An old one but a good one. This girl is all about comfort.
What do you do when mom goes looking for a new outfit for you? Stand on the wall in your underwear! haha. She is so goofy. She's getting closer to walking!
I'm crafty. I made this blanket for baby Jackson. Don't look closely, but it was a lot of hard work and I'm proud that I had the patience to sit still and make it.
The CSO chorus is awesome. We performed Faure's requiem and just killed it. I've never been so proud of a choir I've been a member in. If you read this article, the only real negative comment mentioned was that our consonants weren't heard. If you had been part of our rehearsal, you'd know that our director asked us to tone down our consonants. It was a great season and I'm so sad to be moving.
Me and the girl I sat next to, Sara. Our director must have a sense of humor or something. She was super sweet and fun to talk to.
We sat next to Laura for most of our half season. She was the first girl I met when I came to the chorus and she's super sweet too. I'm so glad I got to get to know these girls! This was at the choir party. I'm so sad we're moving... can I take the CSO Chorus with me? We'll have to move back one day because I absolutely loved being a member.
Last but not least, this is what happens when you blog for too long and forget about your daughter who has been eating for a very long time. She decides to start her nap on her chair. Whoops! :P


















Comments
Post a Comment