Make a wish
My sweet Theodore was born on 11.11. I was induced just like with his siblings. This time just as with Jackson, I was overdue at 41 weeks.
We went to the hospital at 5pm. We were actually early. I had been having contractions all day and was anxious to be at the hospital already!
When I arrived I was unfortunately not even close to ready to deliver. The same process as when I had Jackson was done. I was given cervidel, progressed a little and then they used the balloon thing to ripen my cervix.
Here's where things were different. That balloon thing put me in a lot of pain. They didn't check on me for a few hours and it turns out my water broke while it was in and it caused me a great deal of pain. I asked for the epidural afterward to ease the pain.
It worked like a charm. I went to sleep for a wlittle bit. When I woke up I felt like I had to go to the bathroom and I told the nurse I'm pretty sure I'm going to have the baby now! They checked and I was ready to go. The doctors came quickly and he came in just a few pushes (I think 2? Maybe 3).
He had a bowel movement while he was still inside so the doctors had to help him out for a while. It felt like forever but I knew he was in good hands. Theodore was a trooper. I loved holding my sweet baby boy. I remember being so excited and wanting him to see his siblings right away. I appreciated the one on one time with Theodore though.
We're so glad he's here and that we get to raise him <3
We went to the hospital at 5pm. We were actually early. I had been having contractions all day and was anxious to be at the hospital already!
When I arrived I was unfortunately not even close to ready to deliver. The same process as when I had Jackson was done. I was given cervidel, progressed a little and then they used the balloon thing to ripen my cervix.
Here's where things were different. That balloon thing put me in a lot of pain. They didn't check on me for a few hours and it turns out my water broke while it was in and it caused me a great deal of pain. I asked for the epidural afterward to ease the pain.
It worked like a charm. I went to sleep for a wlittle bit. When I woke up I felt like I had to go to the bathroom and I told the nurse I'm pretty sure I'm going to have the baby now! They checked and I was ready to go. The doctors came quickly and he came in just a few pushes (I think 2? Maybe 3).
He had a bowel movement while he was still inside so the doctors had to help him out for a while. It felt like forever but I knew he was in good hands. Theodore was a trooper. I loved holding my sweet baby boy. I remember being so excited and wanting him to see his siblings right away. I appreciated the one on one time with Theodore though.
We're so glad he's here and that we get to raise him <3


Comments
Post a Comment