Some days are hard. Today wasn't.

Note the "I went potty in the potty" sucker.

Sometimes motherhood sucks. I'll be the first to say it.

My first baby, my perfect Zoey, is now two. She has a mind of her own. She doesn't want to do everything mommy wants her to do and sometimes she throws tantrums and refuses to wear a diaper and gets poop everywhere.

It turns out she just really wanted to potty train. Either that or candy is an even better motivator than I imagined :P. Now that she is in control of the potty she's a new baby girl. She is happy and snugly and cute again.

Zoey wanted to hang out with me today. She sat as close as possible and just snuggled for a good 20-30 minutes. I missed that. I am going to miss the sweet moments too soon. She is starting to talk more and interact more and really become her own person. Soon enough she won't need me anymore.

Don't laugh at me too hard, I know she's only 2. It just seems like she's 22 some days.


And Jack... don't even get me stared on how cute he's getting. He's started to help me clean up the toys and things on the ground (which is a huge help when you are ginormously pregnant). He has the sweetest little voice and a handful of adorable worlds that he says on a regular basis which include buh buh (bye bye), nana (banana) duhduh (dad) muhmuh (mom), uh-oh, and others that I can't remember right now.

When Jon comes home, he puts both arms high in the air and heads straight to the door with a smile on his face waiting for his daddy to pick him up and give him love. He also started making kiss noises today when he want a kiss. He'll say mu-ah and give you a sweet, juicy baby kiss.


I love these babies so much. I love motherhood. It's probably the coolest thing ever. Even though some days it makes me want to run away and hide at a place that has endless amounts of chocolate. Other days it makes me feel all warm, fuzzy and loved.

One last shout-out to my partner-in-crime, Jon. I can't believe he let me mother three children while he's still in school. He is such a trooper. I can't believe how lucky I was to find such a patient, caring, chill husband. I marvel on a daily basis at how lucky we were to find each other.

Life is good.
Sarah


Comments

Popular Posts