Being Genuine

I don't think I ever posted about my new year's resolutions on here. This year, I only have ONE resolution. There's a reason for that though. This year, my only resolution is to be genuine. I have to think all day long every day if what I'm doing is authentic of if it's just me trying to please others.


I try to be authentic and in a lot of ways I succeed but I feel like I have a long way to go. This year, I've tried to really work on making sure that everything I do is because I want to and because I think it helps me grow as a person.

If anything seems "out of character" for me this year, this is probably where it's coming from. 

If I dye my hair blue, learn to play the accordion, go back to Germany, seem a little egotistical (because I've learned to love myself), build a website, take a spontaneous road trip, learn to ride a motorcycle, become crafty, cook more often, take weight lifting to the next level, ... it's in my attempts to be authentic to myself.

Here's to being genuine. Hopefully at the end of the year I can look back and be proud of what I've done in 2016.

Comments

Popular Posts