Digital Christmas Letter 2015

I know I have a couple Christmas letters I still haven't mailed out (You'll get them soon, promise!) but I thought I'd put up our Christmas letter for anyone who didn't get one.


December 2015
Dear friends and family,
It has been an exciting year for the Maier family. We started the year off in Columbus and ended it back in Akron. We found out the hard way that when a university tells you that you will find out what credits will transfer after you start going to school it probably means few of the credits will transfer. We loved living in Columbus and made some valuable friendships there and we hope to return one day.
Jon is back at the University of Akron and will hopefully graduate by the time the next Christmas card comes! He’s working at Signet Jewelers as a level three help desk technician.  He is most pleased that I graciously allowed him to buy a motorcycle this year. He is also pleased that the weather has cooperated and he’s been able to ride for most of the winter up to this point.  I fall more in love with him every year as I see him work hard to do everything in his power to support our family. I’m lucky I chose a good one ;).
I’m still busy teaching music lessons. After all of the moving we’ve done, I’ve somehow managed to keep about the same amount of students. I absolutely love teaching and have big plans to expand my studio in the next year.
Katie (20) aka Jon’s sister/my live-in-nanny was a huge help from June-December. We were sad to see her go, but she decided to serve a mission for our church and just happened to end up in the same mission that Jon and I served in. I’m the saddest about this and will probably become a hermit now but I can’t wait until she comes home and I plan to pick her up in Germany.
Zoey (1) is thrilled that she became a big sister! When meeting Jackson, the first thing she did was give him a hug and a kiss. I’m so glad that they’ve become such great friends so quickly. Zoey loves to help. She is often found tucking in every stuffed animal in the house and closing any open cabinets and doors (including ones you’re currently using). She’s famous for her perfectly timed one-worders (mostly consisting of uh-oh).
Jackson (4 months) is huge. This kid will one day win many a hot dog eating contest. He is super sweet and cuddly. He loves it when his sister pays attention to him. His face always lights up when he sees her. He just recently discovered his voice and “talks” all day long now.
We have had a fabulous year and we are so grateful for all of you. We look forward to your Christmas cards (although we have probably received most of them at this point since we’re a little slow this year!).
Love,

Jon, Sarah, Zoey and Jack Maier

Comments

Popular Posts